Situated in the province of Malaga, 40km inland from the capital, lies the picturesque town of Alora. It is located very near the Gaitanes Gorges through which the Guadalhoce river has carved out the canyons where we can find the “Caminto del Rey”.
Alora is famed for its historical heritage. From the Moorish Castle which sits on Tower Ridge from where we can contemplate the singular views of the Guadlahorce Valley, the Arabic cistern to one of the largest churches in the province of Malaga, the magnificent church of the Encarnacion are but a few of its interesting monuments.
Taking a stroll through the lovely streets with its hidden secrets is quite an experience which will transport us back to the XXlll century. A mere 12km away from the Caminito del Rey, it is a perfect place to practice adventure sports like climbing, via ferrata, trekking or mountain biking.
Book your tour of Alora now.
What does the tour consist of?
- The tour lasts about 2 hours.
- It takes you on a walk around the most significant monuments to be found in Alora.
- Our local guides will accompany the group throughout the visit, explaining the
characteristics the different spots visited. The number of guides will depend on the
size of the group.
We help you to manage your booking
- Choose the date you wish
- If it is green, the date chosen is available3
- Red or grey colour means these dates are unavailable
- Choose a time
- Fill in the number of participants
- Click on next
- Fill out the information of the purchaser
- Click on Book
- Choose a form of payment
- Click on Pay
- You will receive your booking reservation and all the necessary information for your